Anthony Morris graduated from Dixie State in 2007 with his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He currently is a financial advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors in St. George for the past 9 years. He creates and implements investment portfolios, retirement and income planning, assessing goals and matching those goals with a suitable investment strategies. Anthony also feels the importance to educate his clients on investment concepts and financial markets.
When he was in 8th grade his father relocated to Santa Clara, UT (from Taylorsville, UT). Due to his father’s work relocation he was able to attend Snow Canyon Middle School and High School. During these early years of his life he fell in love with the Southern Utah community and climate. He later met his wife, Ashley, while attending Dixie State. She was born and raised in St. George. After they married, they decided to raise their family here in Dixie State. He and his wife have two children, Chloe and Andrew.
His time at Dixie State truly outlined the financial foundation for his career, which he uses on a daily basis. Anthony credited some of his professors, Dr. Kyle Wells and Dr. Nate Staheli, for the fundamental lessons helping him grow as a professional. Time value of money, supply and demand, and discounted cash flow were all imperative concepts that he learned at Dixie State. Reflecting back, he is so grateful for the relationships he made with his professors and fellow classmates as they have flourished into invaluable resources.
Advice that Anthony would give new alumni who are seeking similar career goals is:
- Think of a career that you are passionate about.
- Find a great company to work for or start your own.
- Identify a great mentor that you admire and respect. “I would not be where I am today without my mentor, friend, and business partner, Jeff Monson.”
- Set short-term, intermediate term, and long-term goals.
- Go into the desire job with a mindset that success is earned not given, so set the example by working harder and smarter than others around you.
- Show respect and be loyal to those who help you along the way.
- Remember to be constantly grateful for the opportunities that you are given.
“I have been lucky to be surrounded and influenced by an amazing family, great friends, teachers, and co-workers,” Anthony said. “If I had to pick one life hero, I would say my wife, Ashley. She is an amazing example of the person I strive to be. She is selfless, kind, and generous in addition to being and amazing mother and wife.”
Everything worth having requires a certain degree of effort, he said. “I believe in giving my all towards all goals and desires whether it is my family relationships, friendships, or career.” His favorite quote is by Winston Churchill, “You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give.”